Each year, the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) conduct a survey to examine employer-sponsored health benefit trends. We are pleased to announced that a detailed summary exploring the results of this survey is now available for all clients of CBG Benefits to download. Existing clients may login to the CBGconnect portal to download their copy of this document (which is titled “Summary of the 2016 Employer Health Benefits Annual Survey“).
Below are a few key points from the 2016 survey results:
- Premiums: Average premiums have significantly increased over the past 10 years. Family coverage increased 20 percent since 2011 and 58% since 2006.
- Employee Contributions: On average, employees contributed 18% for single coverage and 30% for family coverage
- Employee Cost-Sharing: 83% of workers enrolled in single coverage must pay an annual deductible before services are paid by the plan
- Wellness Programs: 46% of small firms and 83% of large firms offer a wellness program
- Self-Funding:61% of covered workers are enrolled under a plan that is either partially or completely self-funded
Additional Information and Support
If you are not currently a client of CBG Benefits but would like a copy of the results and more information about how our firm can help your company monitor employee benefits-related trends, please contact our team by email at info@CBGBenefits.com or by phone at 781-759-1222.