I wanted to briefly remind you about upcoming deadlines regarding the Affordable Care Act that may impact your business and its employees.
Employer Reporting Deadlines
Generally, employers with 50 or more full-time employees, including full-time equivalents, in the previous year must comply with the ACA’s reporting requirements. Here are the deadlines for this year:
- Distributing Forms to Employees: Applicable employers must furnish the 2015 Form 1095-C document to individuals by March 31, 2016.
- Filing with the IRS: Applicable employers must file the 2015 Forms 1094-C and 1095-C documents with the IRS by May 31, 2016 if they are not filing electronically or by June 30, 2016 if they are filing electronically.
If you are looking to provide educational materials that may help employees understand how these forms may impact their filing of taxes, we have a variety of materials available within our CBGconnect portal. This includes:
- Letter/Email: Sample letter/email that explains what the Form 1095-C document is and why it is being distributed
- FAQ: A FAQ that provides information about how Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, and 1095-C may impact the tax filing process
- Posters/Flyers: Posters and flyers that provide highlights of the ACA Forms
For any clients that have trouble accessing these resources in the CBGconnect portal, please contact the CBG Benefits team at 781-759-1222.