In the world of consumer-driven health care, employees are encouraged to make wise health care decisions and get the most for their money. However, consumers often find the world of health care to be complex and confusing.
Thanks to patient advocate services, a growing number of patients are gaining comfort and security as they navigate today’s health care system. These services can also bring benefits to the employer.
How Health Advocates Benefit Employers
- Identifying billing errors and negotiating fees resulting in reduced claim costs.
- Allowing employees to concentrate on work and increase their productivity.
- Enhancing their employee benefits package, making them a more attractive employer.
- Improving health care outcomes for employees and their families.
- Improving employee morale by demonstrating company commitment to employee mental and physical well-being.
How Health Advocates Benefit Consumers
- Acting “on their side,” including negotiating with health care facilities or insurance companies.
- Finding the best doctors and hospitals.
- Arranging and scheduling appointments.
- Saving money on health care bills.
- Obtaining approval for eligible benefit services.
- Explaining diagnoses and treatment options.
- Seeking second opinions.
- Dealing with medical billing issues.
- Sorting out illness-related employment challenges.
- Accessing federal and state benefits (including disability or Medicare for senior patients).
- Empowering and educating employees, so they can make their own decisions.
For more information on Health Care Advocacy, please contact CBG Benefits today.