- The due date for furnishing forms to individuals has been extended from Feb. 1, 2016, to March 31, 2016.
- The due date for filing forms with the IRS has been extended from Feb. 29, 2016, to May 31, 2016 (or, from March 31, 2016, to June 30, 2016, if filing electronically).
The IRS is encouraging employers that must meet the reporting compliance requirement (primarily, applicable large employers — employers with 50 or more full-time employees, including full-time equivalents, in the previous year) to furnish statements and file information returns as soon as they are ready.
The new deadlines are more generous than prior extensions and apply automatically to all reporting entities. No request or additional documentation is required.
We encourage all clients to log-in to CBGconnect and download our Compliance Bulletin for more information about this deadline extension.
How CBG Benefits Can Help You With ACA Reporting
As a reminder, there are a number of ways we can help your company meet its ACA reporting compliance requirements. This includes:
- Standalone Reporting Solution for Producing Form 1094-C and Form 1095-C: Through our standalone reporting solution, your organization can produce PDF versions of the Form 1094-C and Form 1095-C documents.
- Offering Guidance and Support: If you have questions about the reporting process, including how to fill out some of the benefit-specific fields on the ACA forms, our team would be happy to assist you.
- Educational Materials for Employees: If you would like to share information with employees about the purpose of the Forms before they receive them, we have customizable email templates and flyers that you may distribute.
I hope that you find this compliance update helpful. If you have any questions, please contact the CBG Benefits team at 781-759-1222 or via email at info@CBGBenefits.com.