With the fall season soon approaching, the thoughts of many employers have turned towards their employee benefits open enrollment period. According to a report, one significant way employers will seek to manage health care costs in 2015 is through consumer-driven health plans.
The article, which highlights a recent survey from the National Business Group on Health, includes a couple of statistics that you may find interesting:
- 81 percent of employers will offer a high-deductible plan as an option in 2015 (up from 72 percent last year)
- 32 percent of employers will offer high-deductible plans as the only option in 2015 (up from 22 % last year)
Is a Consumer-Driven Health Plan Approach Right For Your Business?
The decision to move to an approach that involves high-deductible health plans that are often paired with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) or Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) requires a strategy that covers multiple areas. Since a significant educational effort may be needed to help employees understand new plan designs and utilization options, companies may need to invest in technology options and multi-channel communication solutions that will improve and streamline the enrollment process.
In fact, employers may want to ask questions such as these to ensure they are choosing an effective strategy that is right for their organization:
- Is our program structure, plan design and pricing appropriate?
- Do we have the right vendors, services, contracting and funding in place?
- Are our employee communication efforts appropriate and effective, especially regarding employee health and wellness and/or consumerism?
- Do we have effective disease management and wellness programs for our employees?
- Do our pricing and plan design features encourage cost-conscious behavior on the part of our employees?
- Are we thinking about long-term solutions rather than quick fixes for this year?
Where Your Business Can Get Help
At CBG Benefits, our team is ready to help your company effectively find answers to questions such as those. We have the experience, resources, and solutions that will help your company to achieve its employee benefits goals for years to come.
Please contact our team at 781-759-1222 or at info@CBGBenefits.com to learn more today.